What can the Ford 'Y' & 'C' Model Register do for You?
Ours is the only club specializing in the Ford Models 'Y' & 'C' so we are in a position to help you better than anyone else, but sorry we do not have any services for customisers or streetcar enthusiasts. We have members all around the world and now have over 1400 cars on our list of survivors. We estimate there may be up to 1600 surviving cars world-wide.
Our Aims and Objectives are:
- To promote interest in all aspects of ownership, operation, restoration, maintenance, and history of Ford Model Y and Ford Model C and all derivatives as first produced from 1932 -1937
- To compile and maintain an accurate list of all surviving Ford Y & C Model vehicles and owners
- To support members in their intentions to keep, or restore as appropriate, the vehicles as far as is practicable in a condition comparable with that when produced
- To encourage a welcoming social atmosphere for all involved with the Register
- To organise and support such meetings and social events appropriate to achieving the above objectives
- To form affiliations with other clubs covering similar Ford models
Membership gives you:
- An excellent magazine (6 editions per year)
- New and used parts and list of useful contacts
- Technical advice
- What to look for when buying
- Reprinted Ford publications: Service Bulletins, Handbooks, Parts Catalogues. Library Archives
- Help with vehicle registration matters
- Low premium car insurance
- Free advertising
- A friendly organization with events and regional contacts.
Non-owner enthusiasts may wish to become Friends Of The Register.
This gives you access to all services except spare parts.
Even if you do not wish to join at this time please send in your car details for free entry on our List of Surviving Cars.
TRACE YOUR OLD FORD MODEL 'Y' OR 'C'.
If you had one of these Ford 8 or 10 hp. cars in your family and would like to know if it has survived we may be able to help. We have an extensive list of surviving Ford Models 'Y' & 'C' in UK, Eire and overseas.
All we need from you is the registration number- you never know, your old favourite may have survived.
If it has survived we may be able to put you in touch with the present owner. Each year we have been able to put past owners from over 40 years ago in touch with their old Ford.
Contact email@example.com with the details of your old Model Y or C that you want to retrace.
Where is it now?
A black Ford Model 'Y', registration BOU 783, is out there somewhere. Its licence was renewed through DVLA in December 2007, so it is MoT'd and on the road. We do not have it listed on our register of known surviving vehicles. If anyone knows of its whereabouts, please let us know. We have one lady who was driven to her wedding in it and who would love to see it again. Tel: 01264 365662
For details about joining or on any other matters contact Club Secretary. firstname.lastname@example.org.